The Raspberry Pi expansion board is a good way for Raspberry Pi to expand its storage, for the board can support up to 1TB mSATA solid-state drive. It uses USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller, that’s why the board can provide a high speed. Such as high speed of USB 3.0 data transmission with a PC or Mac, and USB 2.0 fast transmission for data transmission with your raspberry pi.
The board is fully compatible with Raspberry Pi, so it can be operated on all Raspberry Pi operating system. The applicable versions are Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+/ 2 Model B / 3 Model B.
- It can be powered from USB, so it doesn’t need external power supply.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi, and doesn’t need drive.
- You can assemble it by yourself easily.
- If you want to make a custom shell for it, just copy HDMI interfaces of Raspberry Pi.
- mSATA SSD Storage Raspberry Pi Expansion Board x 1
- USB 3.0 data cable (80cm) x 1
- USB jumper x 1
- Spacer M2.5 (11cm) x 2
- Screw M2.5 (6mm) x 6
- Washer M2.5 x 2